Garbanzo Bean Brownies
- -1.5 cups garbanzo bean flour
- -1/4 cup cocoa powder (high quality, I use Penzey’s)
- -1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- -1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- -1 cup 60% or higher dark chocolate chips, melted
- -2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- -1 egg
- -3 egg whites
- -2 tablespoons coconut oil
- -optional toppings: powdered sugar and peanut butter!
- First, preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a square, 9×9 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Then, add the egg, egg whites, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Melt dark chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth and pour into the batter. Mix quickly because the chocolate will begin to firm up. At this point, your batter will be thick- this is good.
- Transfer batter into backing sheet and using a spatula, spread batter so that it is even throughout.
- Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes. Use a toothpick to check to see if it is done in the middle!