Chickpea Pumpkin Quick Bread
- 2 cups sugar
- • 2 cups canned pumpkin
- • 1/2 cup canola oil
- • 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla pudding/or white chocolate pudding
- • 4 large egg whites
- • 3 cups garbanzo/chickpea flour
- • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- • 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- • Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine
- flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl, stirring well
- with a whisk. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until
- moist. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into 2 (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
- the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on a wire rack, and
- remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.